Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Foraging Bumblebee..

 I am amazed at how much work the Bumblebee's do.
 They will visit flowers that exhibit the pollination syndrome.
 They love to visit the same flowers patches  as long as they continue to find a source,
 of nectar and pollen.
 my garden is filled with many Bumblebee's, and I can find them on my Cosmo's and
 Lavender every day. I sure hope I can continue to learn about them and provided for them.
What insect could resist the beauty of Cosmo's?
~Shirley

5 comments:

Ann said...

beautiful photo's!!!
your garden must be filled with wondrous things!!!
i am always in awe of the gorgeous flowers you post!!
xo

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Gorgeous photos Shirley!
We don't have bumble bees here, they look very large.

Red Rose Alley said...

Shirley,
The bumble bee pictures are stunning today. You mentioned lavender, but the flower looks so PINK to me. It is one of the prettiest flowers I've seen. The color is gorgeous.

Love,
~Sheri

Vicki said...

Hi, Shirley, sweet friend,
Those bumblebees love your lovely garden for sure! They know you love them, too. Your cosmos are gorgeous. Hope you have a delightful autumn weekend. The leaves much be beautiful about this time in your neck of the woods. Sending love to you~ Vicki

Lynda said...

Gorgeous photos, Shirley! I noticed we had a lot of bumblebees this year too. Have a lovely weekend! xo